Welcome to our Knowledge Base
As an employee of SmartWork, you are entitled to certain statutory benefits, such as Statutory Paternity Pay (SPP).
Paternity Leave can be taken for either 1 or 2 weeks following the birth of your child. It is important to note that you must take your leave in one continuous period, and it must end within 56 days of the birth.
The weekly rate of Statutory Paternity Pay (SPP) is £172.48, or 90% of your average weekly taxable earnings, whichever is lower.
To qualify for SPP, you must meet the following criteria:
1. You are classified as an employee.
2. You have provided your employer, SmartWork, with the correct notice at least 15 weeks before the due date.
3. You have provided your employer, SmartWork, with proof of your partner’s pregnancy using the MATB1 form.
4. You earn on average at least £123 per week.
5. You have been continuously employed and paid by SmartWork for at least 26 weeks by the end of the 15th week before the expected week of childbirth, also known as the “qualifying week.”
To assess your eligibility and process SPP, we require you to complete the Ordinary Statutory Paternity Pay and Leave form (SC3), which can be found on the HMRC website at www.gov.uk/government/publications/ordinary-statutory-paternity-pay-and-leave-becoming-a-birth-parent-sc3. Once completed, please save the form as a .pdf file and email it to email@example.com
If you qualify for SPP through SmartWork, we will provide you with a payment schedule. However, if we are unable to pay SPP to you, we will provide a completed SPP1 form explaining the reasons. This form will also allow you to make a claim for income support directly from your local Jobcentre Plus.
For more information on Paternity Leave and SPP, please visit the HMRC website at www.gov.uk/paternity-pay-leave/overview.