SmartWork’s “Client Direct Engagement Model” is for organisations that wish to connect the workforce directly with SmartWork. This model allows clients to deal directly with the umbrella company and gives the client greater control of terms, reduced costs and less admin.
The primary function of an umbrella company is to organise payment for fixed-term work undertaken by independent contractors. When signing up with an umbrella company such as SmartWork, contractors become one of its employees with it acting as an intermediary between them and their agency, or directly the end client if no agency is involved.
SmartWork provides a full employment package with a host of additional benefits.
- We process statutory sick pay, maternity/paternity and holiday pay and can assist contractors with mortgage advice and references.
- We also cover our employees for work-based insurances, including Professional Indemnity and Employers/Public Liability.
- We pride ourselves on our personalised service with a dedicated account manager allocated to each contractor.
- Contractors have access to our SmartWork portal, allowing them to easily upload timesheets, submit expenses and e-sign documents.
- In terms of compliance, SmartWork is a fully accredited FCSA member, undergoing a yearly audit demonstrating that it complies with the trade body’s strict code of conduct.
For further information of how SmartWork can support you please contact us on 0800 434 6446 or email email@example.com